So today I was checking out the Two Evils site looking up some of the names of our fellow derby sisters and let me tell you, a girl could spend all day on that page it really is.......dense. All those small lines-I was starting to go cross eyed.
We at the Bunny Boilers HQ are still waiting to get approval on our monikers from the big shiny quad sk8 in the sky, and so I thought I'd check out the competition. I gotta say there is some real inventiveness on the part of the derby gals and their derby personas (there are rules you know, about girls having similar names). Anyway, I was inspired to present you with a list of my favourite derby names.
Rude an' crude.......
- Pink Taco, Lilac City Rollergirls
- Angry Camel Toe (ouch!), Houston Roller Derby
- Hardin Thicke (just the way we like it), South Texas Rolleristas
- Vagatarian, Phoenix Rattlesnakes/Dry Heat Rattlesnakes
- Vulvarine, LA Derby Dolls
- Vulva display of Power, Lowcountry High Rollers
- Fisted Cysta (yikes!), Paper Valley Roller Girls
- Forniskate, Atlanta Rollergirls
- Hard Licker (a friend of Hardin Thicke's?), Penn Jersey She Devils Roller Derby
- Pig Benis, Mobile City Rollerderby
- Beaver Fever, Detroit Derby Dolls
- B' Dunkadunk, Mad Rollin' Dolls
- Anita Hardone (don't we all?), Jacksonville Rollerderby
- Powersnatch (what the?), Big Easy Rollergirls
- Cunty Mc TaintStain (ewwwwwww), Independent.
- Davey Crotch Rocket, Sintral Florida Demons
- Tora Hymenov (don't we all want rid of that anyway?) Perth Roller Derby
- Ziggy Skullbust, NOtown Roller Derby
- Wounder Woman, Grand Raggidy Rollergirls
- Al Punchino, Albany All Star Rollerderby
- Simon Le Bondage, Black n' Bluegrass Rollergirls
- Queen Kamayhemayhem, Boston Derby Dames
- Evil Luna, Emerald City Rollergirls (Eva Luna is the title of one of PPB's fave books).
- Scalp 'em Squaw, Chattanooga RollerGirls (just because I like saying Chattanooga!)
- Pj Carvey, Perth Roller Derby
- Rebelicious!, Adelaide Roller Derby
- Riff Raff Saff, Geelong Roller Derby League
- Saddam Insane Ref, Gold Coast Rollerderby
- Punani Tsunami, Victorian Roller Derby
- Sasha Cheeky Bastard, Honolulu Derby Girls. yep they have derby in Hawaii- I'm going!!!
- who would win a bout between Angel City and the Derby Rotten Scoundrels?
- Do the Pittsburgh Panty Raid-ers play commando?
- Are the Undead Bettys vamps or zombies?
- Just how seriously do the Skate Free or Die Rollergirls take their games?
- Do the girls from Assualt City play dirty?
- Where in the hell is Rat City?
In other news.......
Machine-gun Annie, Scarlet Gash, Edward Slaughter Hands and Miss D. Wreckted.
Being from Queensland I always thought the quintessential media tart was Pete Beattie, however it looks like the crown has been passed to our boss, the lovely Scarlet Gash. Not only did we appear in the West Australian (see above) but, we got our 15 minutes of fame on the idiot box! All this in the space of about a week - beat that.
Speaking of The Boss, many of our team are sporting brand new tough stickers, courtesy of her Artful, Ink-y fingers. Let me tell you, they don't call em tough stickers for nothin' It seems all of my tatts hurt these days......must be gettin old; don't remember some of my earlier ones hurting that much.
Three cheers for monetary gain! Miss D. Wreckted sold the mixed media painting she was exhibiting in The Survey!
Easter weekend is shaping up to be a biggie for the Bunny Boilers, tonight we are having a 'get together' at Machine Gun's place- we even invited our menfolk! Think hot gals and fishnets draped over a Hot Rod-nice. Our spunky team photographer will be there too, so watch this space for photos.
Tommorrow night sees us venture down to Margaret River for a very adult evening of art, culture and music (booze, bands and tattoo art). Have you ever had a drink on wheels? Mr Sum-assault will be there to photograph the event for posterity, and one very spesh journo is going to record the whole thang (that man is going to have RSI in his camera finger after this weekend).
We have our very own website. Yep, courtesy of Miss D. Wreckted you can now spend hours and hours social networking, and surfing net pages on the Bunny Boilers (we are soooooooo 21st century). http://www.bunburyrollerderby.d-ranged.net/
Motley Crue in the morning- last sunday the gals tried out for their White Stars, some clever bunnies even got their Yellow Stars. Yay us! and Yay for Smeg.
AND perhaps the best news for last; the gals from Cowtown have been inspired to play Roller Derby! Welcome ladeez
love always Princess Pine (Box),
Yep, a true professional.